Monday, October 7, 2013

The wait is over, the time is now, basketball is here!

This post season has felt like a century, possibly because we didn't have the Olympics to keep us busy over the summer like we did last year wherein we saw our favorite men from the NBA dominate as usual.


Like most of you I have occupied my time trying to care about football, but aside from my college alma mater and a few other teams,I could give a crap about football. I know I won't get featured on ESPN having that attitude about football but censoring myself is gonna be hard.


Anyway diving into business. I never really got to voice my opinion about Miami acquiring Greg Oden. Do I think he will start over Bosh? Absolutely not. Will he be an asset? Possibly. Here are my concerns and aspirations for Greg Oden. I think he will be a great rotator in the late second and early third quarters for Bosh, as much as he was hot and cold last season I believe Bosh is far more athletic than Oden. It will be nice to have a Shaq type physique posted in the paint to give Bosh a break or when he needs a timeout because he's screwing up. To me, Oden is like the "Jolly green giant" he is big, and powerful appearing, but I think if he falls it will be like Jack falling from the beanstalk and he will break every bone. Now as I sit here writing this blog, I got the SportsCenter alert that Bosh had a great second half of a game to defeat the Hawks! When he's hot he is hot.

Speaking of hot, another obvious topic points to Dwight Howard. Did anyone see his game debut with the rockets against the pelicans (can't wait until they lose that name). Anyways, he actually played like he knew what he was doing and you could see some decent team cohesiveness starting to form, however, he played lazy, got a few delay of games and a goaltending charge that a 90 year old woman who has never seen the game before would call. Oh, and let's not forget his technical foul, really? A technical foul in the preseason? Glad to see nothing has changed D.



Let's talk about something that doesn't really get highlighted right off the bat, let's talk about this young talent we have entering this year! For once the Blazers may have a draft pick to be happy with, 21 ppg leading all the rookies,  with 4 rebounds and 3 assists per game Mr. CJ McCollum. If it plays out the way I foresee it, you will be seeing him play off-the-ball opposite of Lillard. If this works they could be the youngest most exciting back courts in the league this year! Don't expect to see him playing very much tho, he will be more of an off the bench option for the trailblazers but it will be exciting to see him run the point a few times if the coach finds opportunities in the regular season to do so. However my Portland fans, don't expect another ROY run for your team, I don't think he will get enough playing time to make a run for this award. Cody Zeller is on my radar for ROY, especially if he can see the Bobcats to more than 7 wins in a season, yikes challenge accepted.






No comments:

Post a Comment